Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The school is going on in Luperón




The sailing school has been going on pretty well, in Luperón, for the last four weekends. The young participants are learning really fast, with a great deal of perseverance. On top of those kids excellent participation, we ought to mention the constant support from two instructors of FDV who came many times from Santo Domingo to help the new Luperón's organization.

Here's a couple of pictures of last week's classes.






From assisted navigation...







...Towards first fast rides...









Lessons are sometimes theoretical...








... Sometimes influenced with more pragmatism...














... From now on, those small boats are to be part of Luperón bay, as are traditional fishing boats and anchored sailboats!







1 comment:

  1. It is not Feb.2019 and I am sitting at home in North Carolina. My wife, Renske, was volunteered by the enormous energy of Nathalie, one of the most enthusiast people I have ever met. Some times, I wonder if the school is still going as it was so much fun for everyone involved! Nathalie, at the time, was talking about moving to Haiti and, possibly, start another sailing program there. I wish you all the luck and good fortunes. Luperon (as well as the entire Dom.Rep.) will always be with me.

    ReplyDelete